Saturday, April 3, 2010

End of march, Start of April

The grinding i had to end March was very very exhausting.

I played about 1,300 games between monday and wednesday, with 725 of the games coming on my 24 hour session on tuesday. Heres a screenshot of the last 3 days of the month, plus each day seperate so you can see how i did on each day.



March as a whole was a big dissapointment for myself. I did manage to get the 3k games in, but i was playing too many 6's to get volume in, and long hours, etc, and my profit for the month was very low compared to what it should be. This will only motivate me to do better in April, and i will. Here is a screenshot for my graph / stats in March.



In other news for March, i was very pleased with how the PF went. We picked up a few more guys, and i did a crazy amount of coaching in March. We didn't need a ton of money out due too not that many people + the horses weren't playing big buyins. But we still saw a 35% ROI which is not bad at all, beats any real life investment (MF's, stocks, cds, etc)

To start the month off in April, i have been playing 0 online poker. After what i went through to end March, i felt like i needed a break. To switch it up a bit, i went to play live poker on thursday night. I sat down with 200$ at a 1/2 PLO dealers choice omaha table (first time i saw this game around my area for a looooooong time)

Basically, if your unfamilar with what games are included, Each time its your button, you get to choose the game. The selection of games are as followed

- Single flop PLO
- Double flop PLO (the pot gets split in half between the winners of each board)
- Single flop PLO8
- Single flop Pineapple
- Double flop Pineapple


I think we played about 2 hands of pineapple, and maybe 10-15 hands of PLO8. The rest was all PLO and PLO double flop. I obviously felt like my biggest edges were in PLO single and PLO8 single, so i stuck with those games every time it was my button. The guys i was playing were so so so so bad. They played their hands like it was holdem. My strategy after figuring out they would all be calling stations, was too obviously play really tight, and just put a lot of money in with the best of it knowing i would get called if they had anything decent. I ended up getting the nut flush vs the 2nd and 3rd nut flushes 3 times, and each time i got paid off for a lot of money. Towards the end of the night, when i already had a big stack, i got a guy to pay me off for 700$ with the king high flush when i had the ace high. People were betting small boats, and trips, like it was the nuts as well. I was running good for sure, but in my defense i made a few 2nd and 3rd nuts folds when i knew i was beat. But yea, it was 10 handed the whole time, and the only 2 people who were good were having rough nights. The one guy, to my immediate right, was running so bad the whole night, and a younger kid who was 2 or 3 seats to my left, put it in with a huge draw on the flop, got called by 2 pair and didnt hit and then he left. But yea, soft ass omaha game = me winning almost 3 grand (up 2,800 excatly). Rediculous.


I have yet to play online poker yet in April, i plan on starting tonight after golf. Im about to leave to go pick up my buddy Jeff to go play 9 holes at south park. It's going to be the first time ill get out to golf this year, and i can't wait.

But yea, i am running late, take care,

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment