Friday, April 16, 2010

Running good at running bad.

April has been a very weird month for me as a poker player. I have not had any motivation at all to play, and when i do play i seem to lose just about every session so me makes me that much more unmotivated. A lot of players get more motivated when they run bad, in hopes to turn around the variance. It does the opposite for me, when i run bad the last thing i want to do is play poker.

That being said, SNGS for me this month are going just awful, every session i play i lose money. Here are my stats so far for the month.





Yea 200 games in 2 weeks, fucking awful i know. I do not want to do what i did last month, and kill myself in the last 3-4 days of the month to reach 3k games. I need to start putting in 200-300 games a day to make it easier on myself when the month ends. Its so hard to be motivated though when every session i play is just run bad. I have a new computer now though, its awesome and wont crash on me like my old 1 did, so with knowing theres no worries about my comp crashing mid session, that should help me play continuous long sessions instead of the 2 hour sessions i have been doing.


With that all being said, with my SNGS going to shit, which is all i play normally, i have been making a lot of money this month in games i normally do not play. Between the 2 live sessions, im up about 2,500. And then last night i got pretty high and was somewhat drunk and felt like gambling, so i entered in a couple of MTTS on poker stars. I played in the 5.50 FL08 Re buy, the 55$ turbo, a 4.40 PLO, and i accidentally reg'd for a 33$ deep stacked tournament. I spewed in all of the tournaments, but ran insanely good in the 55$ turbo, and i was 3/3 in chips, but pretty close to the top 2, and we decided to 3 way chop it for 2944.04 a piece. Go figure the biggest MTT score I've hit thus far is when i am completely fucked up and had no idea what i was doing. Here's a SS of that.




So given the live and that MTT bink, i cant complain really. I am making money, which is obviously my #1 goal as a poker player, but i could be making so much more if i had motivation. I know i will start putting in good volume to end the month, my salary depends on it. Hopefully things will turn around, as they should. If not it would be the first month since Feb of 2009 that i would have a losing month in SNGS.

But yea, here is to a good rest of April

No comments:

Post a Comment