Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where is my motivation????

Poker has been such a grind lately, and i am not even playing that much. I played very low volume for most of the start of the year, ran pretty hot and won a good bit of money, and now the heater is gone and im breaking even on like the last 2 weeks, and im putting in the same shitty volume. There is no excuse for the lack of play so far this year, i really need to step it up.

Poker is my income, my job, my life right now, yet i find it hard to get motivation to play more. I have prop bets, people doubting what i do, etc, and i can't find the motivation to play more? Its a fucking joke.

With more volume, obviously i will make a lot more money, give myself a better shot to beat Alex in our prop bet, and with more money, it will prove to the doubters that i have, that this was the right path for me to take.

Dont get me wrong, i am still making good money, and i am on pace to make about 100k this year, but should i be content with that? Its honestly a fucking joke that more than half the time i am at home and on my computer, i spend the time playing video games, surfing the web, or just bullshitting on aim or skype. If i spent those hours grinding, i could be on pace for 200k this year, there is honestly no excuse for me to not do it.


Enough of this play when i feel like it bullshit, i am going to force myself to play 200 + games a day everyday starting tommorow. I am not going to set a schedule just because i know i would never keep it. But i will meet my 200 games a day mark every day that i play poker. I got to quit being lazy, every hour i dont play is like throwing away 80-90$ because thats what my hourly averages at when i play poker, only a dumb ass would throw away that kind of money, daily. This stops right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment