Saturday, February 27, 2010

Moving on out

We got a call from Jason last night, and we are moving out! pretty excited.

The move out won't even be that expensive which is nice. My brother and his girlfriend bought a new bed when they moved in together, so im buying my brothers old bed for 200$. Its a queen size, mattress bed frame bed skirts etc all included, so saving a ton on that. My parents are giving me their old pot and pan set, 2 couches which are really nice leather couches, they are kind of old though and they have been wanting to buy new ones for a while, so this gives them a reason, and also im allowed to take my dresser and night stand and some hangers as well.

Adam is bringing his cup and china set, which has silverware too, and a knife set.. He also has a toaster / coffee maker / a huge TV for the living room. Im pretty sure he has other things like a lawnmower and snow plow too.

So basically all i ran the numbers, this is what im expecting to spend immediatly for the move out.

Bed - 200$
New Desk - 100$
Misc items Shared(garbage bags/garbage cans/cleaning stuff/etcetc) - 100$ , i figured 3 ways max wed spend is about 300$
Misc items to self (lamp/lights/mini fridge/hygiene stuff/etc) - 200$
Food for 1st week or so - 100$

But yea, we pretty much have all the biggys, so normally one would spend somewhere around 1,500 - 3,000$ to get all the stuff they need to move out. Furniture, TV, bed, potspans and china. And basically, we have all of that stuff covered. So i am looking at less than 1,000$ for the initial move out, which is awesome. Ill upload pics when i get a chance, i should be moving throughout the week, i prob wont rent a uhaul, so however many trips it takes me is fine. I dont plan to live there until we get internet up anyways.

My friend Brad got engaged this past week, were going out tonight to celebrate, should be another shit show. I have a lot of friends who have had long time girlfriends etc, this is the first one who actually got engaged, guess im getting to that age now where a lot of my friends will be popping the Q.

Last night my friends didn't want to go out because of the snow, and i didn't feel like staying in, i was too excited about the news of moving out, so i went to library firehall to play some live poker. I forgot how bad live poker was, i dont think i played that well, but getting KK vs 66 on a K 10 10 6 5 board helped. Ended up winning 300$ in 4 hours.

But yea, playing poker until i go out tonight, wake up hungover and play poker all day tommorow, thats my weekend gameplan. And i should start moving my shit into the place first thing Monday, cant wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment