Thursday, January 13, 2011

Weeeeeeeeee

Since my last update, aside from the Winter Classic, it has been all poker for me basically.

First off, the Winter Classic was amazing, yea the pens got owned, but it was easily in the top 3 of the best sports experiences of my life. My camera broke during the game because i dropped it, so no pictures sadly. I still have the memory card so the pictures aren't lost, but for the time being I can not upload them. I have some really good ones too.

I am up roughly 3k in SNGS for the year so far. I have had a awful start to the games which are involved in my prop bet (16-35$ 4-6 tables, 16-35$ 2-3 tables), but have managed to kill the 60-114$ 18 mans, as well as 9 man non turbos and turbos. I have lost money in just about every other type of SNG though.


I managed to bink a 3k score for a 3rd place finish in the 27.50 30k GTD a few days ago for my first real MTT session in a looooooong time, which was nice. Then last night I plugged in my 2nd MTT session for the year, and I ended up making the FT in the 109$ Turbo, and the 215$ 2x chance turbo. I managed to win a little over 10k in the 215$ turbo for 2nd place, and got 6th for 2.7k in the 109$ turbo. I also finished 12th in the 5.50$ rubix, and 17th in the 33$ 18k. I played insanely well, but with 4 deep runs, one being a 5 digit score, obviously I ran pretty decent.

Heres a screenshot of the two FTS




But yea, I am starting off the year pretty well, as i expected to do so. I also have earned 20k VPPS and am on a nice pace to start the year. I may go for SNE if I am able to keep somewhat of a pace for it and get some cash game coaching to help with the VPPS. I banned myself from cash for the time being.

Thats it for now, I must get back on the grind :)

Thanks for reading,

Nick

6 comments:

  1. congrats on the bink man :D sick start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man :)

    Hope your year is going good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, what typical roi is good players having at the 18 man 38 dollars, 60 dollars and 114 dollars?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyday i'm huslting. hustle real hard hustle hustle real hard. tuneeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ ingve

    Can't really group "good" players all into 1 category, as there are two types of good players.

    Theres really good rakeback grinders, and good 10-15 tablers who strive for there profit mainly in $$ per game instead of rakeback.

    If your a rakeback whore, then anything above 0% is fine, and in some cases even losing a little bit of money is ok, because they 30-40 table long long hours and make a ton in rakeback.

    As far as the non rakeback grinders, you should strive for nothing lower then 10% IMO in those stakes for 18 mans. 10-15% is a sign of a good player, and anything higher than that your a beast (over a legit sample of course)

    ReplyDelete