Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ending the year on a high note.

Wow, what a way to end the year. 2010 was filled was a lot of ups and downs, overall I am pretty let down in the year as a whole, especially poker wise, but it was a very very needed learning experience to help me be more successful going forward.

And just a FYI, This is a pretty long read!

First I will talk about MTTS. For the past couple of months I have been mixing in MTTS very rarely and not really dedicating much time to them. I have been playing 1-2 high buyin / high risk MTTS along my sessions and it has caused me to rack in a bunch of makeup. Just like most days, I ended up mixing in a 109$ turbo MTT into my SNG session. During the dead hours there a few really nice turbo MTTS and it allows you to keep your tables up when game filling is slow. Well I ended up winning it for 5,002. I still have roughly 2.5k of makeup to work off, but it feels great to get the majority of that out of the way. Going into 2011 I plan on playing mtts a lot more regularly, but I will get into that later at the end of this post with my 2011 goals.

Heres a picture of the win.




Now onto SNGS.

December was by far my best month in SNGS. I ended up winning 14,300$ in sngs, on only 1,166 games for December.

Heres the stats copy and pasted off sharkscope.

Frenzuh Click for details 1,166 $12.26 $35 55% $14,300 - N/A PokerStars 12/1/2010 12/31/2010 SNG Only

Obviously winning 12.26$ a game is quite unrealistic, but it gives me great confidence going forward.

With how well I did in December, I was able to win both of my SNG profit prop bets. I had a 1k bet with thrash370 for most profit in December, which i won by about 6k (he was up 8k or so), and I also won 4k off msusyr24 for the 2010 prop bet we made prior to 2010 starting. I ended up losing 2k to msusyr24 for the first half of the year bet, and i lost 500$ to thrash370 for a november bet we made, so Im only up 2,500$ for the bets total, but that money I lost earlier is gone so to me it feels like I won 5000 instead of 2500. It really sucks for both because I dont think I deserved to win either bet, especially the one with msusyr24. Ill be the first person to say he should have won the bet. Its unfortunate with how busy his life became for things he couldn't really control. Was a fun prop bet and it got pretty exciting towards the end and msusyr24 is as stand up of a guy when it comes to this shit as possible, would def do business / other props in the future with him in the future for how he handled everything.

But yea, December was great, heres how I ended up doing for the whole year.

The top 1 is overall, 2nd is sngs, and 3rd is MTTS.





Like I said earlier, I was let down with the year as a whole. Coming into 2010 I was expecting to make so much more money. I realized halfway through the year the shit I was doing wasn't working (which is where my downswing happened in SNGS) and that changes needed to happen. I am so happy that I did not get stubborn about shit like most of the regs (especially SNG regs) do. I changed my game completely. I stopped playing 30-40 tables and now i play 8-15. I got MTT coaching instead of thinking I knew what I was doing. I stopped playing cash games (for the most part) because I can just admit to myself that I am not a winning player in them. And I will continue to not try and grind cash until i receive coaching. I stopped a lot of my bad habits, and replaced them with good habits, which is why I think my 2011 will be way better then 2010 went. And I think how my December month went, is not only a sign of things to come, but also a example of what hard work and dedication can do for you. I dont feel I ran good for the month I had like some people are telling me, I feel I EARNED it.

Anyways, I am going to reflect on my 2010 goals that I had. This should be fun as I haven't looked at them since I made them and im sure i prob failed on just about every single one. Ill copy and paste the goal list... lets do this lol.


SNGS

- At least 3-4 leaderboards on sharkscope - Right now I am on 4 leaderboards, but 3 are average profit leaderboards lol. I made 1, which is 17th in 16-35$ stakes 4-6 tables.

- At least 75k profit (including rakeback)- Up about 60k with rakeback, another fail.

- Play on own dime By July - This did not happen, but with the December that I had I will be starting to own dime in 2011 for SNGS (which I could have done earlier, but I was only giving up about 15% of my SNG profit for a while so wasn't a huge deal) and MTTS too once I get out of makeup.

- Win the prop bet vs Alex (msusyr24) - First goal I succeeded in :)

- Find a coaching website, whether it starting my own, or joining somebody elses, and make some extra $$ by coaching and making videos. - I am happy to say that this is also accomplished. SNGReasons is doing awesome, and is by far the best business decision I have made with poker ever.

CASH

- Play 0 online cash games the whole year, this has cost me a good bit of money in the past, and i do not want to play any cash at all in 2010. (except live) - Yea i failed here



MTTS

- Hit at least 1 score over 10k - 14k in the 55$ cubed in June, boom
- Hit 10 scores over 1k - I hit a few, not sure if its 10, but its close.
- Play on weekends only (except turbo mtts) - Mostly
- Keep my volume in MTTS small, and focus on SNGS mostly. - yes
- Play in at least 5 events for wsop 2010 - Did not do.

Overall in MTTS my goals were small, and I am very happy with how much better my MTT game got and if theres 1 thing I can say good about my 2010 poker, it would be my MTT game.

LIFE

- Get my weight down to 170-175... i currently weigh 205, would do this by running 5-6 days a week, and lifting 2-3 days a week, plus eating healthy - I ended up getting down to about 190 pounds like right before I moved to southside in March with my 2 buddys, but I have done nothing but gain since then. I am up to almost 220 pounds right now, and this is by far the biggest I have ever been. This will probably be my main life goal for 2011.

- Pay off my car (about 8k left on the car loan) - Nope

- quit smoking, i do not want to stop immediatly, i would like to sort out some other things in my life first, but i would like to be done with smoking b4 June. - Did not do this either.

- Work on my relationship with my family - Yes... It still needs a lot of work, but It has improved so so so much and I am looking forward for it to keep getting better as family is by far one of the most important things in ones life, and should never be taking for granted.



Now I am going to put up 2011 goals, and see If ill be able to do these. My goals for 2011 are way higher as far as self expectation goes then 2010, but I am feeling motivated as hell right now and don't plan on that stopping for a while.

Poker goals

Win my prop bet (will explain at the end of the post)
Cash - play 0, I am going to email stars today and tell them to ban me from cash.
MTTS - 50k + profit, play in the WSOP, and have at least 2 scores of 10k+
SNGS - 75k+ profit, be considered one of, if not the best reg in my games.
VPPS - 400-500k minimum
Sngreasons - Keep doing what weve been doing, Its been going great and I expect that to continue. I would like to get a better website for it, but overall its been a very fun experience.

I really want/expect myself to make a name for myself in poker in 2011. Setting high goals for myself will help me stay motivated hopefully.

Life Goals

- Weight... I am aiming to reach 185-190 by june (30-35 pounds) and then losing another 15 pounds in the last half of the year. I want to be down to 170-175 by the end of this year (about a 50 pound drop in 1 year, which isn't the healthiest thing to do, but I dont care) I may prop bet this in the near future as well.

- QUIT FUCKING SMOKING

- Pay off my debts

Other than those things, I am pretty happy with everything else in my life. So another goal would just to keep on keepin on for the rest of the stuff.


As for my 2011 prop bet, i have about half of it sold and I am taking bets up until the end of tomorrow (Jan 2nd). I will run it regardless of how much sells, I am not motivated over the prop bet, I am motivated for diff reasons, so how much sells is not a issue. Heres the thread link for it

http://forum.parttimepoker.com/shooting-off-sponsored-truly-free-poker-training/794358-frenzuh-2011-prop-bet-interest.html

Or if your lazy, heres the standard outline for the rules of the prop bet.

What I need to do to win this bet:


- Top 5 on sharkscope for 4-6 tables 16-35 stakes for the year 2011

- Top 5 on sharkscope for 2-3 tables 16-35 stakes for the year 2011

- Top 3 on sharkscope for any game 16-35 stakes for the year 2011

- Must also be in the top 20 for 2 other categories... It doesn't matter what leaderboards, they just have to be for the year 2011, and must be in a NL holdem game of at least 5-15$ stakes. (avg profit leaderboards do NOT count)

- Sharkscope leaderboards include tilt players obviously, this is not rankings for pokerstars only. (I will be doing all of my playing for this bet on Pokerstars, if I am to make a leaderboard on tilt, which is extremely unlikely to begin with, It will not count)


All leaderboards are for the whole year, not if i get to em at some point in the year. At the end of 2011, If I am on all of the required leaderboards, I win, If I am not on all the required leaderboards, I lose.


As of now, I am ranked 17th in 4-6 tables 16-35$ stakes for 2010, I am currently not on a single other leaderboard (except a couple of average profit leaderboards for 180's). I was also ranked 6th in 2009 for 4-6 tables 5-15$ stakes.

This is something I have never even come close to doing, and making all of those leaderboards in different types of games / etc is pretty unrealistic.

5 to 1 odds, I am willing to put up my 5k to betters 25k.



Its a insanely hard bet, a lot of people think I am crazy, time will obviously tell.


Thats it for now, I need to get ready for the Winter Classic!

The game got moved back to 8 pm, which is actually awesome that way nobody is hungover at 8 AM on new years day to tailgate. We are starting to tailgate when the lots open up at 2:30 PM, and I got a bunch of stuff I need to do up to that point, so i need to get moving.

Will def take lots of pictures and upload them tommorow.

Hope everybody had a good New year and GL to the grinders in 2011!

Take care,

Nick

2 comments:

  1. Wow sick stats from july-dec man. I play 45mans on PS $3-27 level under Jdubxx and I think you make a good point about not trying to 30-40 table but focusing more on improving ROI instead. Could I buy an hour of coaching from you or something to have you take a look at some of my hand histories and see what I could improve on in my game? Let me know, my email is Jwong12@gmail.com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comments sir... I added you on skype, don't know if you ever go on that or not.

    ReplyDelete