Monday, August 16, 2010

I hate hospitals

I started having pain in my stomach area, about 4 days ago. Saturday night i drink a couple beers, and i spent the whole night puking, and i just overall felt awful, I wasn't drunk, so i knew something was up.

So yesterday i wake up and the pain is worse, so i decide to go to the hospital after scaring myself to death reading on the internet about a strangulated hernia, which i thought i had because I do have a hernia, and the stuff i was going through was v similar to a hernia strangulation (vomiting, nausea, fever, etc)

So anyways, I was in the hospital 2 years ago for a appendectomy, and the memory i had pre surgery was just a lot of waiting, and of course the same thing happened again. I go in and waited like a hour to get registered, then another 2 hours for them to take me back, then another 30 minutes for a nurse to take my vitals and draw blood and make me pee in a cup. Then another hour for a doctor to see me, then another hour for them to take me to get a cat scan, then another 2 hours for them to come back with the results and tell me everything is normal and that I probably just have a virus or a gastrointestinal upset and that I should just go home and rest. I went in around 4pm, and I wasn't out of there till midnight, what a fucking joke. On the upside im just glad everything was fine, and luckily i have health insurance so all i am going to have to pay is 100$ for the ER visit.

So yea, i scared myself to death over something so dumb, thats the way i was a lot when i was younger, but I haven't been that way too much lately. But for whatever reason i scared myself to death over this. I should probably just get my hernia fixed, but after going through surgery 2 years ago its something that I do not want to do because it is just awful. Im sure ill man up sometime soon, but not now.

Anywho, this month has been going pretty decent in poker. I am winning money in sngs, which is great. I finally feel like i got my groove back, and I am up 3,500$ on just 340 games. I really need to put more hours in... playing the way I am now (6-10 tabling) wont get me a lot of volume, but 340 games is roughly 35-40 hours, which in 16 days is just unacceptable. If i treated it like a real job, I could be up double that so far, which is 3,500$, so im just burning money, and lots of it basically at this point.

MTTS have been going meh meh meh. I have built up stacks in a lot and I just haven't been able to close. MTT variance is the most brutal in anything you can do poker wise, so i just have to keep my head up. Only noteworthy score this month is 6th in the 109 turbo for 1g. I am currently still down about 1,500$ in MTTS thus far this month, but I will keep plugging away, especially on the weekends, to try to hit something big. With WCOOP right around the corner, I need to put a lot of volume in this month if i expect my game to be where I want it to be for the start of WCOOP in early September.

But yea, nothing too exciting going on right now

No comments:

Post a Comment