Thursday, February 23, 2012

First month back on stars recap

Being back is great. I am truly enjoying poker again, and everything it has to offer. I am a little disappointed with my volume the past few days, and how I make use of my time, but overall I would say I am pretty happy with myself in respects to both volume and putting in the study hours to keep improving my game.

As i stated in my last post, One of my goals this year was to get SNE. With the 60k VPPS i got carried over from last year, and starting to play on the 23rd, this seemed like a realistic and doable goal. I am pleased to say today that I am not going for it, and I wish anybody luck that is adventuring into hell aka the SNE grind.

I am not disappointed with myself for not going for it, because it was something I said I was going to do without putting too much thought into it. After thinking about it thoroughly, the idea does not appeal to me at all. There is nothing fun about 20 tabling 90-100% reg pool games for 8-10 hours a day with 5 figure swings regularly. This is what I would have to do if I were to get it, as I would be spending roughly 2 months in the states this year for WSOP in June and to be at home in Pittsburgh. I might try to get it next year if regulation seems distant, as it is a 2 year minimum commitment, combined with a couple other variables, but its just unrealistic this year as I am not mentally able to handle the swings both financially and mentally.

Moving on...

The first two weeks I started grinding it went just about as bad as it could go. I won about 2,000 my first couple of days playing, and then I put together 12 losing days in a row aside from 1 where I put about 2k or so into a sunday MTT grind and ended the day up like 200$ or something. I was running horribly, which also caused me to not play optimally, its funny how those two things go hand and hand a lot. I went on a 8k downswing and the last two days of the downswing I moved down buyins to get my confidence back and I was grinding nothing but 15-30$ games, a lot of them being non turbo 9-27 mans, and those two days I lost like 200$ both days, which isn't a lot in the scheme of things, but I was still losing, and losing in really really soft games.

Mazurite came over and we did HH reviews of both of our games, as he was down swinging as well. I think we both mutually benefited from it, and we both pointed out leaks in each others game and bounced ideas and spots back and forth etc. More importantly it made me realize how important studying is and from that day I have studied just about every single day and it feels like it has made a world of difference.

I have had 13 winning days in a row now, and have made about 10k in those 13 days. My confidence is back up and I feel I am playing pretty well. Some of it is good variance, but most of it is playing well combined with game selection. I am just going to continue with what I have been doing and hopefully the results will keep coming. Playing this way won't get me SNE, but I will for sure get 300k, but will aim for 400k vpps, which is still a nice hunk of change in rakeback.

Overall though I need to manage my time better. I am putting in a lot and lot of hours playing, and a lot of the time I spend is watering down my hourly a lot. I am playing a lot of sets of 8-12 games, which I am fine with, but I will end up 1 tabling for like 30 minutes sometimes or something. I need to mix in hypers more to start/end my sets, Or I need to load my next set when I have 1 table left in my last set, which is a hard thing to do because I am addicted to nicotine.

Overall my focus is there, I am playing well, and I expect a lot out of myself this year.

I will end this blog with my stats so far for the year and I will follow this post up tommorow with some other stuff I want to write, but for now I am too tired to continue.



Frenzuh 2,059 $2.37 $37 18% $4,875 - N/A PokerStars 1/1/2012 2/23/2012



Frenzuh 1,862 $2.09 $36 22% $3,891 - N/A PokerStars 1/1/2012 2/23/2012 SNG Only



Frenzuh 197 $5 $49 -13% $984 - N/A PokerStars 1/1/2012 2/23/2012 Sch. Only

No comments:

Post a Comment